Insulation Piercing Connectors for Low Voltage Aerial Bundle Cable (LV ABC) JBC-0
Description of insulation piercing connectors
The insulation piercing connectors for low voltage aerial bundle cable LV ABC as well as connections to service and lighting cable cores. When tightening the bolts, the teeth of the contact plates penetrate the insulation and establish a perfect contact. The bolts are tightened until the heads shear off. Tightening torque guaranteed(fuse nut). Stripping of insulation is avoided.
The insulation piercing connector are suitable for different combinations of ALUMINIUM and COPPER, main and branch conductors. The connector shall primarily be used as an insulated tap off clamp with main conductor ranging from 25mm2 Copper to 70mm2 Aluminium and branch line ranging between 6-35 mm2 copper cross sectional area. The thickness of insulation for both main and branch conductors shall not be greater than 2mm.
Service condition: <1kV, 50/60Hz, -10°C to 55°C
Standard: IEC 61284, EN 50483, IRAM2435, NFC33 020.
|Service Line (mm²)||6-35||6-35||35-150||50-240|
|Remarks||ISO to ISO||ISO to ISO||ISO to ISO||ISO to ISO|
Related Product of piercing connector
Material of insulation connector
Body: Thermoplastic polyamide 66 with fiberglass
Connecting bridge: Copper tinned, Brass tinned, Al
Sealing parts: Flexible PVC
End cap: Flexible PVC
Grease: Silica gel
Bolt: Hot dip galvanized steel, 8.8 grade
Washer, Nut: Hot dip galvanized steel
Fuse nut: Zinc alloy
• Tested for watertightness at a voltage of 6 kV for 30 min in a water bath
• Potential free tightening bolts allow safe installations on life lines
• Bimetallic, suitable for aluminium and copper conductors
• Long neck 13 mm shear head nut ensuring reliable installations
• Components not isolated, end cap attached to body
• Insulation material made of weather and UV resistant glass fibre reinforced polymer